By Richard Martin, E. Rand Sutherland
- with authoritative tips from 15 pro overseas specialists within the parts of pulmonology, microbiology, immunology, hypersensitivity, and pediatrics
Read or Download Asthma and Infections, Volume 238 (Lung Biology in Health and Disease) PDF
Similar biophysics books
This quantity goals to supply a well timed view of the cutting-edge in platforms biology. The editors take the chance to outline structures biology as they and the contributing authors see it, and this can lay the foundation for destiny stories. the amount is well-suited to either scholars and researchers drawn to the equipment of structures biology.
Franco Ferrarotti hopes to steer sociologists clear of overly reductionistic, technical size in their subjects_an method that has more and more been problematized by means of the traditional sciences_toward a rediscovery of (auto)biographical fabrics and the worth of the person.
Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), is the most typical type of leukemia in adults. AML is a perilous type of malignancy, the diagnosis for which has no longer superior within the final twenty years. extra importantly, it's a malignancy that's noticeable in older adults, for this reason the variety of circumstances is probably going to upward push because the inhabitants a while.
This e-book deals the main up to date information regarding learn surrounding the neurobiology of bipolar illness in addition to at present to be had and novel healing thoughts. the amount has assembled a broadly revered staff of preclinical and scientific researchers who carry their services to endure upon this disorder through reviewing state-of-the-art learn and scientific proof concerning the pathophysiology and therapy of bipolar affliction.
- Shallow Lakes in a Changing World: Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Shallow Lakes, held at Dalfsen, The Netherlands, 5-9 June 2005 (Developments ... Hydrobiology) (Developments in Hydrobiology)
- The Dictionary of Labour Biography: Volume Eleven
- Handbook Of Market Creation for Biodiversity: Issues in Implementation
- Biographical Dictionary of Modern Egypt
- Understanding Trauma: Integrating Biological, Clinical, and Cultural Perspectives
Extra info for Asthma and Infections, Volume 238 (Lung Biology in Health and Disease)
6. Carpenter AB. Immunoassays for the diagnosis of infectious diseases. In: Murray PR, Baron EJ, Jorgensen JH, et al. eds. Manual of Clinical Microbiology. 8th ed. : ASM Press, 2007:257–270. 7. Leung AK, Newman R, Kumar A, et al. Rapid antigen detection testing in diagnosing group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal pharyngitis. Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2006; 6(5):761–766. 8. Bartlett JG. Diagnostic test for etiologic agents of community-acquired pneumonia. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2004; 18(4):809–827. 9.
19. Almirall J, Bolibar I, Serra-Prat M, et al. New evidence of risk factors for communityacquired pneumonia: a population-based study. Eur Respir J 2008; 31(6):1274–1284. 20. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. pdf. 21. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. htm. 22. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. htm. 23. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. htm. 24. Hartert TV. Are persons with asthma at increased risk of pneumococcal infections, and can we prevent them? J Allergy Clin Immunol 2008; 122(4):724–725.
In brief, in a single well of a 96-well plate, the viral cDNAs were amplified by PCR, targetspecific extension of tagged primers, capture of the target-specific products to labeled microspheres, and readout of the fluorescent signal on each microsphere using a multiplex microbead reading system. The authors concluded that this assay showed an overall sensitivity of 99% and specificity of 87% compared with conventional identification techniques, that is, real-time PCR and routine viral culture. Using the Luminex xTAG respiratory viral panel for the detection of 20 respiratory virus targets, it has been reported that it compared favorably with the real-time nucleic acid amplification tests for the individual viruses with the exception of lower sensitivity for detection of adenovirus (60).