By Claudia Kren
This accomplished annotated bibliography, first released in 1990, courses the consumer helpfully via the place to discover details on quite a few components on alchemy while discovering. Divided into different types to help discovering the suitable niche, this publication varieties a distinct reference tool.
Read or Download Alchemy in Europe: A Guide to Research PDF
Similar bibliographies & indexes books
Ginger Rogers had a flexible and winning occupation as a dancer, singer, comedienne, and Academy Award profitable dramatic actress. here's a particular advisor to her many accomplishments within the leisure global. notwithstanding she is remembered mainly because the dance companion of Fred Astaire, her paintings spanned a couple of media and he or she used to be probably the most well-known actresses within the usa.
In his famous Discourse on Metaphysics, Leibniz places person substance on the foundation of metaphysical construction. In so doing, he connects himself to a venerable culture. His concept of person thought, although, breaks with one other thought of an identical culture, that no account of the person as such may be given.
This accomplished annotated bibliography, first released in 1990, courses the person helpfully via the place to discover info on a variety of components on alchemy while learning. Divided into different types to assist discovering the correct niche, this publication kinds a distinct reference software.
Was once folgt auf den Feuerraub des Prometheus? Der Sage nach begann damit alle Kultur und heute ist der Begriff in Politik, Gesellschaft, Wissenschaft und Kunst relevanter denn je. Das Handbuch vertieft alle Bereiche der Kulturphilosophie und ihrer verwandten Disziplinen und Strömungen. Wer sind die maßgeblichen Vertreter?
- 2 Corinthians: A Bibliography (Biblical Tools and Studies)
- The Facts on File Companion to the World Novel: 1900 to the Present (Companion to Literature Series)
- American Indian Sovereignty and Law: An Annotated Bibliography (Native American Bibliography Series)
- Legal information: how to find it, how to use it
- Black History in the Pages of Children's Literature
- Ismaili Literature: A Bibliography of Sources and Studies
Extra info for Alchemy in Europe: A Guide to Research
164. Crisciani, Chiara. " Medioevo, 2 (1976), 119-168. Argues that reactions to alchemy found in Islam were reflected in the Latin West with the transmission of Arabic materials. However, western alchemy also displayed a character of its own as revealed in several works in the question genre. Medieval Alchemy 165. 35 Crisciani, Chiara, and Claude Gagnon. Alchimie et philosophie au moyen age: Perspectives et problemes. Montreal: L'Aurore, 1980. Pp. 83. Argues that a more sophisticated interpretation of the alchemical literature and of medieval alchemy's doctrines would reveal that the presumed gulf between scholastic philosophy and alchemy may be over-emphasized.
Translated from Latin by Leonce Bonysson. Paris: La Haute Science, 1953. Pp. 175. A translation of the 1563 edition. 204. Morienus. A Testament ofAlchemy, Being the Revelations of Morienus . to KhaUd ibn Yazid. Edited and translated by Lee Stavenhagen. Hanover: University Press of New England, 1974. Pp. viii + 76. Presents the thirteenth-century Latin version of the Testament with a discussion of the MS tradition. Morienus purportedly introduced alchemy to Islam. See item 239. 205. Newman, William.
Newman, William. " Isis, 80 (1989), 423-445. Argues that despite the secondary position allotted to the mechanic arts in the context of medieval scholasticism, alchemists of the late Middle Ages had to develop a defense of technology which stressed man's power over nature. Alchemy in the late medieval period met with growing hostility, especially from religious authorities. 209. H. " Revista de filologia espanola, 16 (1929), 161-168. Discusses the fortunes of alchemy in medieval Spain and points out the allusions to alchemy in the Lapidario.